Tuesday 16 November 2010

Zoe Griffin makes £80,000 a year out of blogging and related activities

"Making money out of a blog is complicated. Approximately 40% of my revenue is from adverts. Depending on the size of the ad, I can charge between £500 to £1000 a month. I make approximately £200 a month through affiliate schemes like Skimlinks and Buy.at, where you pick banner ads and internal links to online stores and earn commission if someone buys as a result.
As a consultant, I charge an hourly rate to write blogs for fashion and beauty brands and earn anything from £500 to £1500 a month for each. I am advising a new lifestyle website www.gocitygirl.com about ways to get girls engaged with gossip, where I charge an hourly rate of £100/hr. I organise celebrity parties where I get paid between £2500 and £5000. I am often a talking head on TV programmes and Breakfast News, which is £100-£150 a time. I write features about celebrity destinations for Ryanair magazine which is a free holiday and approximately £400."
Source:  Stylist, November 2010
[2 other examples are given in the article]
[Hat-tip - Honk]

No comments: